Tigermama talks

Monday, November 06, 2006

Random Tidbits

Number 1: There is an arsonist in our area who is setting fires to sugar cane fields. There have been over 20 fires so far and they have no leads on who is doing it. Tigerboy likes to watch the fire trucks (Tigerpapa too) but it`s unsettling for me. I feel sorry for the farmers. Most of the farms around here are very small and run by very old men and women. These people work so hard in their fields...usually without any equipement other than a small tractor. I saw two of them standing vigil over their field last night at about 8 pm. Like they need MORE work to do. Sigh.

Number 2: I started working for a school nearby and am really enjoying it. Unfortunately, I am only a substitute until April (start of the school year here) so I don`t really know when or how much I will work in any given month. Then today, when I was picking up the kids at their kindergarten, the principal mentioned something about one of the mothers wanting me to teach more classes. I`m not sure if they want me to do something private aside from the classes at the kindergarten or if they want me to do more classes there. It`s good news if she wants private extra classes as I am looking for more work but it`s bad news if she just wants the kindergarten to provide more classes for the fee they already pay. Often I`m not sure what exactly is being said to me (need to study, need to study) and sometimes Japanese people will kind of suggest something they want to happen in this manner. Not sure if I`m makings sense but there you have it. I`ll wait for the mother to call me and find out the details.

Number 3: Tigerpapa and I may get to take a little trip this holiday season. His parents may be coming to visit and have said they would be happy to watch the tigerkids if they do. Woohoo! We are thinking about going to Taiwan because it`s so close but we may venture farther....like Hawaii again. Anyone want to come meet us in Hawaii????

Number 4: I have to make some goodies for the kid`s annual BAZAAR. Does anyone have any good ideas? Remember, I have a tiny oven so unbaked treats are best! Remember mom`s finger jello? It was always such a hit....maybe I`ll make that. :)

Time to go start dinner. Tigerpapa will be home soon and he`s always sooooo hungry when he walks through the door!

Bye bye, CU next time! (phrase I repeat at least 100 times when leaving my job).

3 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Trisha said…

    About the bake sale, I thought how about you own pocky? What I mean is pretzels dipped in chocolate halfway and then rolled in crushed nuts or those little colored sugar things. I made them for a Halloween party and everybody loved them!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    That is a great idea! Thanks so much. :)

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you can't find pretzels, you might try using pretz- I think the ones that I used were lightly salted or salad pretz or something like that. Let me know how they turn out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home