Tigermama talks

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Friday Night Yakiniku

We love Fridays around here. Not only do we usually head out to our favourite restaurant for dinner, I also get to watch Survivor thanks to the American Forces Network (a tv channel for the American military stationed on Okinawa).

Anyhoo, here are a few pictures of "Yakiniku" taken at our local restaurant:


(First, Tigergirl must set up dinner for her little dog "Pudding-Pudding". I`m not sure what she`s eating or where TG got it?!)

Here we have an assortment of raw meat which will eventually be cooked upon the charcoal grill in the following picture. I like the steak and chicken (boring, I know) but Tigerpapa, he likes the "weird" stuff like chicken tendons and intestines. I don`t know exactly what kind of intestines he eats but they are circular and kind of squishy. I didn`t get a very good picture, but you can get a good enough idea from this:



Here is the grill with a huge fan over top of it to suck up all the smoke:



And lastly, the meat being cooked on the grill:



Once the meat is cooked, you dip it in a bbq-type sauce and some garlic paste. We use so much garlic paste that the servers in this restaurant now bring us a huge bowl of it as soon as we sit down! The kids like hotdogs and sometimes we smuggle in our own so that they get the kind they like the best...shhhhhh....don`t tell!! Of course BEER is the drink of choice to go with yakiniku!

There you have it. Yakiniku, a Friday night tradition for the Tiger Family! :)

Stay tuned for a picture of some creepy child-like chef dolls.

Ja ne.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous!!! I love yakiniku!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    Woo hoo..I found you too!

    Beer and yakiniku..BLISS!!!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Hi Marianne!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, I remember those tendons and intestines!! VERY WEIRD!! I think the pork and steak were my favorites. Either way, we need more Yakiniku Restaurants here.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    Noboru eats and loves the weird stuff too. What's up with that really? Ha ha ha! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home