Tigermama talks

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Haircuts and Clowns

Tigerpapa is away at work for the weekend so I decided to take the kids for some haircuts. If I mention haircuts when he is around, he will go get his razor and scissors and try to do it himself. I`m not against do-it-yourself haircuts in general but after a couple of butcherings in the past I avoid giving TP any opportunity to cut the kids hair. We went to two different places because boys can get really cheap cuts at the barber shops here and I figured it was worth an extra trip to save the 400 yen (400 yen = 1 Starbucks coffee for moi!)! During TB`s cut, Tigergirl kept up a running commentary because I couldn`t see what was going on from my chair.

Me: How`s it going TG?
TG: He`s looking like a different little boy!
Me: Really?
TG: Yes, he`s looking like a STANGER, like someone we don`t know!
Me: Is that right?
TG: Now he looks like a mushroom.
Me: Which is better a stranger or a mushroom?
TG: Mushroom.

You be the judge. Here are "before" and "after" pictures of TB:





Tigergirl`s haircut is great. I`m thinking about going back there to get the same one done on me. She has the same fine, limp, and lifeless hair that I do so it should turn out well for me too.


(Where`s my little girl? She looks so much older now...it`s a bit scary!!!)

Bring in the clowns...send in the clowns...go get the clowns? How does that song go? Anyhoo, today we went to the local mall so that I could enjoy that Starbucks coffee and there happened to be a clown show taking place. It was really good and the kids enjoyed themselves immensely:



I almost got pulled up on stage to catch a flying marshmallow with my mouth but thankfully my skills at eye-contact avoidance prevented THAT from happening...whew!

Mata ne.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They both look great although I kind of liked Tigerboy`s hair before as well!! Very funky!!! Your little girl has changed alot lately!! She is looking so big!! I really hope I get to see you guys in January!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    You know M, I liked his hair long as well. I think I`ll let it grow out again!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Trisha said…

    Yup, I think that I like the longer hair too. Your kids are gorgeous! How old are they?

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks Trisha. TG is 4 and TB is 3.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    The kids are getting so big Tigermama! I like both their hair cuts too. Although and don't bonk me....but I agree with Midori and Trisha, I prefer the longer hair on him as well.

    I think you should totally get your hair cut like your daughters as well! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home