Tigermama talks

Friday, November 17, 2006

Sukiyaki recipe (for Andy)

Sorry, I messed up your comment. I don`t really know what I`m doing with blogger!

Here`s the sukiyaki recipe I use:

1 lb of beef (round) slice thin
1 Japanese leek
1 pack of shirataki (thin strands of konnyaku)
1 block of tofu (yaki-doofu)
6 shiitake mushrooms
1 pack chrysanthemums (shungiku)
1 pack Chinese cabbage (hakusai)
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup dashi broth

Combine and heat the sauce ingredients in a saucepan to make the sukiyaki broth (adjust flavour to taste. I use less sugar than most recipes advise).

Cut tofu into rectangular blocks about 2 inches long. Slice leek thinkly on the diagnol. Remove stems from the mushrooms and cut each cap into thin slices. Pour boiling water over the shirataki. Cut hakusai and chrysanthemum leaves into bite-sized pieces.

Put a wide saucepan on medium heat. Add the oil.

When oil is heated, add the leek and saute briefly, then pour sauce into the pot and start to simmer. Add meat, tofu, shirataki, mushrooms, and leaves in that order. Simmer for awhile and serve.

Dip in raw egg and enjoy!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    Thanks for the recipe-I've never made sukiyaki before. Must try it soon.

    PS. Do you mind if I put a link on my blog to yours?

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    It`s so easy Medea...and delicious. Make sure you watch the sugar, it really gets sweet quickly.

    P.S. I`d love a link, thank you! :) When I figure out how to do it myself, I`ll link you back.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger marianne said…

    TM,me too with the link if its OK...but I still haven't figured out how to do it...Arghh!!

    Oh,and I am so hungry after reading your blog.Sukiyaki will no doubt be on the menu tonight;-)

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Sounds good M....let`s see who figures it out first.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    I just realized you have a blog too! Cool- I just read through a bunch of the posts and am lovin it!
    As for links- if your blogger template didn't include it, it can take a bit of an effort. Mine didn't have the links option so I went under Blogger Help. I tried 3 different html "cut and paste this" instructions and one of them eventually worked. Think I got one extra grey hair from that effort.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks Lily, I`ll give it a try one of these days!

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Midori said…

    I linked you to my blog as well TM.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks M, I`ll be sure to do the same for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home