Tigermama talks

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Katykins in Action

The Kitty is doing well. She`s gained lots of weight and is very playful now as well as sweet. We will take her in for another vaccination at the end of the week and soon it will be time to get her "fixed". I can`t believe how much sunshine and love she has brought into our home. It`s so great. Tigerpapa is particularly smitten. which is very cute. I`m glad because now he has someone to keep him company when the kids and I go home for Christmas. :)




Tiger-auntie arrived on Tuesday for two weeks and the kids are so happy to spend time with her (as are Tigerpapa and I). The kids have a holiday from school coming up so we are planning a trip to Jordan to float in the Dead Sea. We will also spend a night in the mountains this weekend and see the famous "Cedars of Lebanon". It should be fun. Finally, we plan to go here:





It`s a vineyard and winery owned and operated by a single family. They started producing wine in 2004 or 2005 so it`s a very young estate. Anyway, the tour is very informative and they serve a lovely lunch with, you guessed it, tons of wine to taste! We have been once before and were so impressed that we chose it as the "wine destination" for Tiger-auntie.

A coffee break with Tiger-auntie:



Lastly, here is a picture of me from the 1950`s. I think I look a little bit like my mom...she had the same kind of glasses:

8 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    Great pics(love that jumping kitty shot!) and I see that Tiger boy enjoys reading Time.Impressive;)

    The vineyard looks wonderful.Looking forward to the photos at a later date.

    Have a great time in Jordan.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sheri said…

    It's nice to have a pet around...I'd love to have one but the fish is proving to be all I can take care of right now :)
    Hope you have a great visit with Tiger auntie-floating in the Dead Sea sounds like such a cool thing to do!!

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Mary Witzl said…

    We're neighbors! And that vineyard could be a stone's throw from this town -- easily.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks M. We may go to Syria instead of Jordan because it`s a huge holiday (end of Ramadan) and driving seems to be easier than booking a flight.

    Sheri: We love the kitty but it is a bit of work especially when we want to leave the house for more than a day!

    Mary: I think it`s so great you are in this part of the world. If you ever feel like exploring Lebanon, let me know!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Kappa no He said…

    I wish I lived next to a vineyard. What a fascinating country!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess one couldn't just 'swim' in the Dead Sea.....hopefully you'll be doing your floating face UP!-Canadian Tiger Aunty-

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Kappa: It is nice to be able to drive somewhere like this in less than an hour. I love the countryside!

    Anon: Which aunty are you? Guessing by the morbid thoughts (floating face down), I`d have to guess, Aunty L???

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    You guys have adjusted really well. i can't believe it has been just a few months.
    Looking forward to your Syria report.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home