Tigermama talks

Friday, November 24, 2006

Stomach Flu

What is it with men and illness? Tigerpapa rarely gets sick but when he does.....HOLY COW the world is coming to an end! I woke up early Tuesday morning (4am) feeling like hell and puking until it was time to get up and get the kids off to school. I had been called in to work at my new job so I really didn`t want to call in sick. I decided I would soldier on and go to work. It was horrible but I made it through the day. Meanwhile TP was feeling pretty bad himself so he decided to take off early from his job and, because my work is close to TP`s office, I picked him up on my lunch break and he waited for me to finish my last class. Then we enjoyed a lovely ride home together...NOT! Whine whine whine "I`m sicker than you" blah blah blah all the way home. The rest of the day he slept while I took care of the kids and went to the grocery store. Wednesday morning started out in much the same way as Tuesday`s had for me. This is where TP redeemed himself by taking the day off work so I could stay in bed. He even made the kids bentos (sorry no picture!). Weirdly (and thankfully) the kids were unaffected!

Thursday was a holiday here and our kindergarten`s bazaar. I ended up making chocolate cookies because that was the only thing I had the ingredients for and I wasn`t feeling up to another trip to the grocery store. They turned out really well and sold out first at the baked goods table. I think people were curious as to what "The Foreigner" made and that`s why they sold out so quickly. Anyhoo, the kids had a fabulous time at the bazaar playing games and "shopping" for little treats. I just sat at my station taking money for the shooting game while TP directed the players and gave out the prizes.

Last week Tigerpapa came home from his office with some interesting modifications to our car:



There has been a lot of publicity lately to stop drunk driving and speeding on Okinawa and the Japan Self Defence Force has decided that all members need little reminders posted in their cars. The sticker on the steering wheel says, "Don`t drink and drive" and the yellow arrows are pointing to the speed limit on the speedometer. There`s also a sticker on the passenger side that reads, "Is the driver drunk?". I don`t know if it will help but I suppose it`s worth a try.

Stay tuned for a post about how we spent last weekend!

Ja ne.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Midori said…

    Stomach bugs are a real nightmare!! I am glad you are both ok now. Apparently they are going around though so constant handwashing is going on in this household!!! LOL!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Aren`t they though! Good job on the handwashing but be sure to "cough into your sleeve" as well! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home