Tigermama talks

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hodge Podge

I`m finding the hardest part of blogging to be coming up with a title that incorporates the entire post. From now on I think I`ll just use "hodge podge" or "random bits" or something like that! Perhaps the problem is my inability to focus on one thing and write about it...hmmmm?

Here`s Fridays obento:


(furikake rice, broccoli, giant gyoza, and apple pieces)

Friday was "Potato Picking Day" at the kid`s yochien. This meant that volunteer parents had to arrive at the farm an hour early to clear the debris and dig up the potatos so that the children could actually find and "pick" them. It was HARD work but totally worth it once you saw how much fun the kids had. Seriously, I would never have thought something like this would be considered fun but the kids LOVED it. Do they do stuff like this in Canada? If so, I don`t remember it at all! Well, I do remember going to the slaughterhouse in grade 4 but it`s not something I try to remember, if you know what I mean?!!







So, as you all know, Christmas is coming up here pretty darn quickly and I thought I`d share with you some lovely gift options. If you remember back a couple of weeks I posted the lovely rearview mirror ENHANCER. Well, I`ve found something even better. Behold:



Who wouldn`t want a gift pack like that?

Here are some pictures of the current trend in children`s fashion. At least down here on Okinawa:





I hope all of your Christmas plans are coming together.

Ja ne!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger marianne said…

    LMAO....slaughter-house trip in the 4th grade??And the SPAM and those clothes and hats....My first laugh of the day.Thank you !

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger illahee said…

    OMG, you so better not send me that spam pack!!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    I had both of you ladies on the "spam" gift list. Does this mean you don`t want a variety pack of spam and other luncheon "meat"??

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    Spam? Holy cow (or pig, as the case may be).


    Those children's clothes look like halloween costumes.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chuckle! Just another day in Japan. Hey, now there is a title for your random, hodge podginess!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Hi Kenju, I assure you those clothes are "REAL" and VERY expensive.

    Trisha, I love your title. I`ll have to file it away for future use. lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home