Tigermama talks

Monday, June 18, 2007

Kids Stuff

Lots of stuff happening around here lately. We had a Father`s Day function at the yochien this past Saturday where I got to experience one of my more embarrasing moments here in Japan. It all happened during the "stilt race". That`s right, I had to participate in a race involving stilts (blast you Tigerpapa for not being here to suffer the humiliation intended for the FATHERS!). This may seem odd to you but in Japan it`s perfectly normal. I think most kindergartens here have stilts, unicycles, and hoola hoops as "outdoor equipement". Anyhoo, I have never in my life ridden (performed? experienced?) stilts and thought I`d be able to do it. Wrong. I couldn`t do it, no matter how hard I tried. EVERYONE was watching and pointing and laughing because I was the ONLY one who couldn`t do it. Mr. Pudgy Office Guy, he could do it. Mr. Muscle Work Out Guy, he could do it. Mrs. Stick Thin Housewife, she could do it. I just couldn`t do it. I can still hear the laughter ringing in my ears even now, 2 days later. Here`s a cute picture of the kids from that day:



The other thing I want to post is a bit lengthy but worth it. Here is Tigerboy "reading" one of our favourite bedtime stories:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    No pics of the stilt fiasco? Well, there is always next year- pull those stilts out of your garage and start practicing girl *lol*

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    You know there are probably 40 or so video records of my big moment. Thankfully, none of them belong to me! As for photos, I just hope the school photographer DIDN`T get any!

    P.S. I think YOU should start practicing because you`re not far away from yochien life, are you?!!?!?!?!?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Your son is so cute and what a good reader! It's so nice to put a voice to pictures i've been seeing for a couple of years.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Hey Laura! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you get a chance to do the meme!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home