Tigermama talks

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Describing Interesting Items

I`m still waiting for my new camera. Tigerpapa, I hope you are reading this post since you are the one who is supposed to be sending it.

I will describe to you in words the new items I purchased last week for the obento. One is a teeny little plastic carrot that comes with a toothpick-size squeegy-type thing. You insert the squeegy into the sauce (soy or whatever you`re using) and suck up a small amount to transfer into the little carrot. This is to hold the dipping sauce for various food items such as gyoza, roll sushi, and the like. The next item is by far the best thing I have come across in a long long time here in Japan. It is a teeny tiny little monkey face container that holds mayonaise (or other types of sauce that have a thicker consistency NOT conducive to being sucked up by the squeegy). It also has a teeny tiny spoon that fits perfectily under the face of the monkey. The spoon has a banana shaped handle that fits under the monkey`s head....just like a little bowtie. Now, can you all see it in your head? I thought not. I will post a picture as soon as I get my camera.

In other news, Tigergirl and Tigerboy finally got their Canadian passports! No more waiting in line at the American border to register for a travel visa when we come across to see the Grandparents. Woohoo! Tigergirl`s picture is really cute. Unfortunately, Tigerboy`s picture is not so good. He looks like a bi-racial sumo wrestler. I suppose that could be considered cute by some.

I`m off to bed. Tomorrow is a busy day of conversation lessons....hopefully I`ll come up with something good to talk about. Hey, maybe the monkey-face item would be a good topic. "Describe this item using as many adjectives as you possibly can"....hehehe.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    The bi-racial sumo wrestler sounds awesome!

    Julian's Japanese passport photo is awful. You can tell he's doing a poo. It was explosive- dripped out his leg and onto the photographer's chair. Ooops.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger coarse gold girl said…

    I found a little furekake holder for bentos shaped like an apple. . . with a little worm poking out all smily on the side. . . it is really cute. It costs 500 yen. Now, if I were in the U.S. and someone suggested that I buy a 6.00 dollar small piece of plastic for the kid's lunch box I'd laugh.

    Here, . . . I've been fighting the overwhelming desire to purchase it for over a month now.

    Can't wait till you get your new camera to see the monkey condiment holder!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    LOL Medea. I`ve experienced that kind of "drippy poo" (with my DS!!!) and it`s not pleasant, is it?!

    CGG, I want that furekake holder! It sounds perfect for my collection.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    Oh- I can't wait to see the pics of these contraptions you describe- sounds like fun shopping :)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    www.veganlunchbox.com has some really great lunch box ideas and she has really cute stuff that she buys somewhere.

    I did all my kids passport photos. that way I have more control and can choose the time and place. I just took lots and lots from different distances until I got the right size and then sent the extras out in christmas cards. Much cheaper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home