Tigermama talks

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Beach Day

We finally had a sunny day perfect for the beach. It has been unseasonably chilly down here for this whole month so this day has been a long time coming. There is a small man-made beach in our town that I like to go to with the kids when it`s just me and them. It has bathroom facilities, a water fountain and tap, and covered picnic areas so things are simple. We picked up some onigiri (rice balls) at the grocery store and spent the afternoon building sand castles and wading in the water.







I`m starting to feel Tigerpapa`s absence more acutely. Of course, I miss him when he is away but sometimes a short absence is kind of nice, if you know what I mean? No big dinners to cook, no one to fight with over use of the computer in the evenings, no extra laundry, and free choice for tv programs. But, after 2 weeks, it`s not so nice anymore. The kids miss him and I miss him. Thank goodness we will be going up to Yokohama this week to spend Golden Week with him and the inlaws. We may even get to take a short overnight trip somewhere without the kids. ;) Any recomendations for a nice, quiet place to go that is relatively close to Tokyo/Yokohama?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Trisha said…

    What a grat day at the beach! I can't wait until nicer weather arrives in our neck of the woods!! By the way, your kids clothes are always so cute, do you buy them in Japan or back home?

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    Here, here, I don't mind the short absences either! In fact I like when my DH works nights, or in the evenings. I have free reign of the TV like you mentioned, well I share with the kids but we like the same stuff, lol. I don't have to make a big ol' long drawn out supper. We can have simple easy dinner or even run to Mc Donald's. But like you say, the long absences suck (we've had those too, ugh)! Two weeks is way too long. I am so so happy you and the kids will be heading to Yokohama to be with Tigerpapa and the inlaws.

    BTW, I'm happy to hear it was such a beautiful day there. And the kids look like they had an awesome time at the beach! You're a wonderful mom Tigermama (I'm sure you know that, but sometimes it just needs to be said : )

    Oyasumi nasai! : )

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Sarah@mommyinjapan said…

    Fun! I don't even know where the closest beach to us is or even if there is one!

    Short absences are good for me too. Even having my husband out of the house on the days he goes to his company make my life easier (at home for 3 days, at his company for 4 days). Even though it's just for 8 hours each day, I get way more done than on the days he's home! But two weeks would suck! Way too long.

    I hope you have a wonderful time in Tokyo. We'll be up there too for a few days over the first holiday weekend.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    Tigermama- I don't know your private email address to send you my phone #. If you go on MIJ, I posted recently and from my post you can be linked to my email. If you email me I can give you all the details- phone # etc and hopefully we can meet up in Aobadai!
    Hopefully will be seeing you soon!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Trish, I usually bring clothes back from our visits home. I get a lot of stuff at garage sales and seasonal sales in the shops there. I`ve recently placed a couple of orders online as well. My American friend here (the one who lives on the American base) always sends me links to great sales on at Gymboree etc. and then lets me use her address for shipping. It saves us a lot of money and let`s me order from almost anywhere online.

    Gina, thanks for the nice compliment. I actually wonder a lot if my parenting is up to snuff!

    Sarah, thanks! I know we will have a good time. Are you going to visit your inlaws too?

    Lily, I sent you a private email through MIJ.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Manty said…

    Glad I read your blog ;-)

    Please please let me know when you are getting together in aobadai!

    Samantha

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Of course Samantha!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home