Tigermama talks

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas is Coming.

I totally stole the idea for today`s obento from Gina and it`s been one of the kid`s favourites ever since:


(chicken quesadila, oranges, and green beans)

Last week we went to the outlet mall down here in Itoman City. It`s very popular with the tourists because the shops have the best deals on name brand goods in Japan (at least that`s what I`m told). They also have a train ride for the kids and really nice Christmas lights. The kids freaked out a bit when they saw them:



We decided to take a family picture to include in our Christmas cards this year. It was a bit of an effort getting the kids to sit still and smile but we managed okay. Tigerboy looks a bit perturbed but he`s still giving the peace sign:



Here`s me and the kids. I am forbidden to post Tigerpapa so you`ll just have to imagine him sitting there on the left (or maybe there is no Tigerpapa.....mwhahahahahaha!). Notice Kiana`s cute black boots. She was really excited to wear those because, and I quote; "they`re just like yours mummy!". What a sweetie.



I hope the cards get to you all on time. I haven`t printed the pictures yet or addressed the cards! Ah well, Japan post is definately efficient and will make up for my procrastination (I hope!).

Fondue is Christmassy isn`t it? I was getting groceries the other day when I saw this and knew I just had to have it. Unfortunately, it wasn`t real fondue at all as it tasted just like melted process cheese. I should have known better but I couldn`t help myself, look at that picture! It`s enticing, don`t you think?



And on that note, I will leave you to your day.

Ja ne.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh!!!! you and the kids look just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

    I wish I could figure out how to make fondue with real cheese that doesn`t get all hard and lumpy....

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger illahee said…

    i saw a chocolate fondue fountain thingy at costco today....

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    Gorgeous photo of the three of you and love the boots!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks guys!

    Jan, I`ve never been able to make it either. I miss those real kits you can buy back home.

    Illahee, yum! Did you get one?

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger illahee said…

    nah, it didn't include the chocolate! ;)

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Sheri said…

    Beautiful pictures! I like cheese fondue even though I ate too much of it on a visit to Europe once-but chocolate fondue mmmmmmmmmm!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    Oh Tigermama, you can steal idea's from me anytime! Heck, us foreign mom's all living in Japan, we all have to stick together and I just call it sharing ideas! Ha! : )

    I love the pic of you and the kids! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home