Tigermama talks

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Holiday Meme

Holiday Meme (found whilst browsing blogs I like):

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with whip cream!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I think the Elves wrap them, no?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White icicles.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. I don`t think people here would know what that meant.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
This week.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Stuffing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Trying to stay up on Christmas Eve in order to "catch" Santa Claus. Opening stockings on Christmas morning. Watching The Grinch and Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph. Turkey dinner. I seem to have more than one! :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I really don`t remember. Probably from one of my many older siblings.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I let the kids do what they want and then rearrange everything the next day when they are at kindergarten. Heeheehee.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it! Love it! Miss it! Of course, it`s only because we don`t get any here. I`m sure I`d be sick of it if I were back home.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes! I used to go skating all the time in my childhood. Sadly, I haven`t been skating in years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Um, to be perfectly honest my favourite gift was always the mini "Baby Duck" champagne we got in our stockings. hic.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family (and friends) gathering and also going to Mass.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Anything chocolate.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We are working hard on creating traditions over here in Japan but it`s been difficult because we are always moving around. This year we will be at an onsen for Christmas. I suppose the Stockings are my favourite thing as we do those no matter where we are.

17. What tops your tree?
We have a small angel on top.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. I really love to get presents for people.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Little Drummer Boy...pa rum pum pum pum!

Okay, I tag Medeafication and Illaheebaby!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger kenju said…

    That's a good meme, and I may try it myself.

    Thanks so much for translating the sign on the upside-down house for me!!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    Your little meme has got me in a really festive mood...But can't get that bloody little Drummer Boy out of my head now;-)

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    kenju, you`ll have to thank my husband for that. I just sound out the katakana and he gives me the meaning!

    Marianne, you have to hear Wyclef Jean do Little Drummer Boy. It`s awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home