Tigermama talks

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eight Things About Moi

I was tagged by the lovely Gina and so here goes nothin`!

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight random facts about me:

1.) I was a waitress for a really long time (in university and beyond) and to this day I over-tip because I know what it`s like to be running around trying to serve people. I also can`t bring myself to yell "SUMIMASEN" in order to get the server`s attention here in Japan (a perfectly normal and polite thing to do). I cringe every time my husband does it.

2.) I hate mornings. It doesn`t matter how early or late I go to sleep, I CANNOT get up before 7am and if circumstances require an early start, it`s best you avoid me if you can. I actually book flights and other travel arrangements with this in mind. My dh is the complete opposite.

3.) Okay, I`m going to let a secret out of the bag. Once you know this information, you are in NO WAY allowed to use it against me. I hate feet. If other people`s feet come near me, I go beserk. I will never ever give anyone a foot massage. EVER. On the other hand, I have no problem with people touching my feet and request foot massages from dh on a regular basis.

4.) I LOVE to eat out. It is pure joy for me. If you want to butter me up, give me a gift, or otherwise make me happy, take me out for dinner! I would rather spend $100 on a gorgeous dinner in a nice restaurant than on anything else. I also love staying in nice hotels. So, a nice dinner in a fancy hotel (that we are staying at) would be the ULTIMATE present for me. This includes bed and breakfasts. :)

5.) I am very weird about fruit. I like cherries, oranges, strawberries, pineapples, and bananas....IF they are perfectly ripe. I love raspberry-flavored things like soda or chocolate pie but I`m not fond of eating only raspberries. I don`t like blueberries unless they are in something like muffins. I don`t like chunky fruit in yogurt or jam but it`s okay if it`s smooth. Not sure if this one is making any sense.....??

6.) I LOVE coffee and going for coffee and talking over coffee and trying different coffee. I like it sweet and strong with cream (or lattes). Unfortunately, coffee does not like me and sometimes I have an "overdose" that results in a kind of freak out where I shake and get extremely anxious. When one of these "episodes" occur, I will cut out all coffee for about 2 weeks and then slowly slip back into my coffee-drinking ways. I`ve tried to substitute tea but it`s just not the same.

7.) I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. I love them all and miss them a lot. I would love to have a large family like that but I don`t think I can handle the baby years again.

8.) I never intended to come to Japan. I had no interest in Japan or it`s culture until one of my best friends, who was living here, sent me a letter with pictures from her daily life. They intrigued me and so I booked a trip over to visit her. Obviously the rest is history.

Now, I don`t think I know eight bloggers who haven`t already done this! Let`s see,

-Midori (The Babe in Kyushu who is now in London!).
-Jenn (Medeafication)
-Sheri (Life Here)
-Laura (Laura no Iken)

I`d love to hear from people who don`t have blogs too! You can just leave your eight things in my comments! :)

-Jan in Nagasaki
-Christine in Calgary
-Sister Amy
-Sister Kristin
-Sister Laurie
-Sister-in-law Clare
-my mom

13 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    8 things about me, readers digest version.

    1. I dont have any tatoos.

    2. If I cant get it on sale or at a garage sale, I probably wont buy it.

    3. I totally bore people when I go on and on and on about knitting or quilting.

    4. You really really cannot improve on nachos as the perfect perfect food to eat with beer or root beer. regular flavor tortilla chips, real cheese and jalepenos. its a bonus if you have sour cream.

    5. I am not in touch with anyone I went to high school or college with. but I regularly keep in touch with internet friends I have never met.

    6. I wish I had a blog but will probably never start one.

    7. I wish I could spend a day with either grandma... I didnt get to know them and really wish I could have.....

    8. I wonder where I would be today if I had pursued my dream and studied marine biology or oceanography.

    and number 9... I love cribbage and backgammon and last summer, someone.... I wont mention whom... totally beat my butt in cribbage...several times. but I still love her.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Sarah@mommyinjapan said…

    Tigermama! I hate feet, too! Seriously, I'm always telling my husband to switch legs if he's crossing them and his foot comes too close to me. I like baby feet, but that's about it.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Sheri said…

    ooh, you tagged me! I'll have to think about my weirdness/random things!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Thanks for doing the meme. I loved your answers! : )

    #1, Alrighty then, I swear if we meet, I will never scare you with my feet. I'll keep my feet *way* at bay, I swear! Ha ha ha! Making mental note of this one!

    #2, You're weird about fruit Tigermama? Good to know. Because I am really weird about meat. I won't go into it here, but I'm really picky where meat is concerned. Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo out here! LOL!

    And finally I am with ya on the mornings thing. Ugh OMG! I hate mornings with a passion. I also never wanted to move to Japan either, or had any interest in Japan. Funny how things work out, huh?

    I am really digging that you did the meme. Thanks again! : )

    PS, LOL about Jan calling it the "Readers Digest" version, that gave me the biggest grin and chuckle! And yes, yes, yes about the nachos! : )

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger illahee said…

    jan, you totally don't bore me when you talk about knitting and quilting!! :D

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Jan, Yay! Thanks for playing along. As you know, I love garage sales and nachos! And, I`m pretty sure it was even steven on the cribbage front.

    Sarah, I like baby feet too...totally different! :)

    Gina, I`m a bit particular about meat too but not anywhere near as much as I am about fruit!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Claire said…

    Oooh, another coffee addict! I'm another one who can't survive without a morning pot of Lavazza. Tea just doesn't do it, does it? I've even been known to go begging for a cup at the kitchen door when we were staying in a ryokan, because only green tea was being served with breakfast and I thought I'd go crazy.

    Feet, now, I'm fine with! As long as they're in relatively clean socks...

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think this worked when I tried publishing............one more time!!

    Eight Things About Moi

    1.) As you already know, I LOVE to cook. In the last year or two I’ve really been trying many new recipes from Mexico, Japan (thank you), Spain and the Mediterranean.
    I now have new favorites:
    a) Spinach Salad w/ candied walnuts as Raspberry Vinaigrette
    b) Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
    c) Risotto w/ Asparagus
    d) and for desert – Lemon Lavender Pound Cake

    2.) I LOVE music and concerts. It seems it’s the only thing that really relaxes me. Some of my all time favorites:
    1.) Reverend Horton Heat
    2.) Johnny Cash
    3.) Frank Black
    4.) The Pixies
    5.) Jack Johnson
    6.) Cake
    7.) Ben Harper
    8.) Eryka Badu
    9.) Bad Religion
    10.) Neil Young
    The list goes on and on……really, it does!

    3.) I enjoy camping immensely. Backcountry camping, Camper and Truck, passed out by the fire…….

    *smiles from ear to ear*

    The outdoors is where it’s at…..in fact, maybe next year, or so, I’d like to move to Water Valley or Waiparous Village (1 hour from Calgary). This City is too freekin’ busy for me.

    * looks outside at all the traffic - shoulders tensing*

    4.) My NEXT dream is to be pilot. I’m not exactly sure if I’ll ever be able to afford it……but I’m saving my pennies (literally).

    5.) I really enjoy my morning coffee(s) as well!

    6.) I love animals: dogs, cats, fish, birds………..just keep me away from snakes!

    7.) I really need another long vacation……..since I’d taken 6 weeks off two years ago……….I want more!! I know understand why you need the time off!!

    8.) I LOVE to dance……not doing any dancing lately, but it’s about time I take that Funk class!!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Yay Chris, you played along! Will you cook all of those dishes for me if I come to Calgary this summer?

    Claire, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have to know if you were successful at the Ryokan? Did they have any coffee? :)

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll cook for ya ANYTIME babes.........I owe you a few breakfasts, lunches and dinners (craving peanut butter noodles)!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Lauriebelle said…

    Sister Laurie (geisha wanna-be)

    1.) I did undercover security for 9 years and still can't go into a store without spotting a shoplifter. It drives Bob crazy !

    2.) I'm also not a morning person. If it wasn't for my girls, I would probably miss work ! Andrea is just like me...she loves to sleep in and I usually let her, because I know what it's like !

    3.) I LOVE baby feet and even reached out to touch a baby in Calgary at a restaurant. My girls (15 and 13)called me a creeper, but the baby's mom thought it was cute !

    4.) I also love to eat out and especially love anything ethnic. I love trying foods from other countries and enjoy different cultures...Bob and the girls don't often want to go with me to these events, so I usually miss out. But I have been known to go by myself if I can't get someone to go with me.

    5.) Both my girls have gone veggy on me this past month (and they're sticking to it !) At first it was hard to accomodate, but I find it getting easier to come up with creative dishes that isn't just fish. Thank God they still eat seafood...I can live with this ! I could become vegetarian but Bob will never give up meat.

    6.) I love dark coffee, quality chocolate, and good red wine. Also, real ice cream...no sherbet for me !

    7.) I love acting and singing (though I don't have a gift of singing like Alyssa does.) I never act my age and don't ever plan to...who wants to be 42 ? My bumper sticker says it all "I Embarrass My Offspring !"

    8.) I dream of one day running my own campground and making my famous chocoholic chip cookies for all the campers. Did you know there are over 12 ways to flush a toilet ? I found this out when I went on a camping tour through Europe.

    9.) My family is everything to me...Bob, Andrea, Alyssa, and the family I grew up with ! (This includes Suzan, who I hope to visit in Japan one day !

    10.) Oh, was I supposed to stop at 8 ? Whoops ! I'm on a roll...Suzan will be impressed as I never seem to find the time to do these little trivia thingies. Bye !

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1) I can smell beetles...
    2) I love to swing (you know, the kind at parks...big enough for me)
    3) I give out false names at Starbucks...have even gotten myself into a bit of a predicament with this tomfoolery!
    4) I love drinking coffee...very dark, rich, and as hot as possible!
    5) I ate salmon (just the other day in fact)....that'll be a shocker to those that know me well!
    6) I like reading labels and do so when ever given the opportunity (food items, bathroom cleaners you name it, I read it)
    7) I am living with royalty
    8) I enjoy rolling down hills!
    9) I LOVE LOLLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10) I guess I have some trouble counting
    A

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have to learn. For one who comforts the feet comforts the heart

     

Post a Comment

<< Home