Tigermama talks

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Best Camping Trip EVAHHHHH!

We spent a week on the west coast of Vancouver Island at a campground in Pacific Rim National Park. It was one of the best camping trips I've ever gone on....and that says A LOT because I grew up camping and have been on many! Here is the view from our camping site:





The beach was fabulous and the waves were even better. We all rented or borrowed wetsuits so that we could go body surfing. I was really happy that both of my kids loved the water and wanted to go again and again even though the water was freezing (6-10 degrees celcius). I myself had an awesome time boogie boarding even after I got barrel rolled by a huge double wave. Here we are in our wetsuit glory:







And, of course, we played and played on the beach. The only thing missing on this trip was Tigerpapa. He would have LOVED it. Hopefully we can go again next year all together!







5 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Gorgeous kiddos! And the camping trip sounds awesome! Sounds like you are having so much fun! This makes me so happy, enjoy the rest of your trip. You are totally missed way over here in Japan though btw! Ha ha ha! : )

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    That looks like so much fun!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those pacific northwest photos are making homesick. sure looks like fun!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    You and your beach babies look great and seem to be having so much fun. Enjoy the rest of your great trip.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Sarah@mommyinjapan said…

    It looks like you had an awesome time. I always miss the "green" in Canada.

    We lived in Gibsons when I was young and we would go by ferry to Vancouver Island a lot. My mom's cousin lived in Campbell River and we would go stay with them every so often. Also, my husband and I stayed at The Empress Hotel for our first anniversay. We even had High Tea. It was all very special.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home