Tigermama talks

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blogs?

As most of you know, I am starting a post-graduate diploma in teaching elementary school here at The American University of Beirut. I had my first classes last week. In one of them (Teaching Reading to Elementary School Students) the professor had us get together in groups of four and write down all of the things we had read in the past week. I had "blogs" down on my list and, I KID YOU NOT, a young (they're ALL young) girl in my group asked me, "What are blogs?". Is it possible, in this day and age, for young people not to know about blogs? Wow! Anyway, it got me thinking about how much I enjoy reading blogs and how neglectful I have been towards this one.

I'll try to do better.

P.S. I sent out the three packages for the pay-it-forward blog giveaway at the end of August. I hope they arrived!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Gaijin Wife said…

    Good Luck with the study. I did a post-grad diploma in SLT and it was hard trying to find the time while I was working. I think it would be considerably harder now I have small kids though. Having to study at night be crazy.

    I thought when I started blogging last year that I was a bit behind the times but people that have never even heard of blogging?

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger shinshu life said…

    Ahhhh, the young cool things don't blog? Too busy tweeting and updating their facebook and MySpace I guess... And great news on the course. Sounds really interesting.

    How long does mail take to get from Beirut to Japan??

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Right on for you, you may laugh at this but I never stopped going to the University, there is just so much I want to absorb... its just the per credit expense that makes me cringe!

    Now, they never heard of blogs? NOOOOOO Without blogs my cooking would be blech and my fashion sense would be "blech"

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's about time ! I've been checking here daily to see when you'd update. Good luck on your classes and let me know if there's anything I can send you...educational wise ! Love Laurie

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    GW, What is SLT? I'm assuming it's some kind of teaching thing. My kids are in 1st and 2nd grade so things shouldn't be too hectic.

    Heather, that girl did have a cell phone so I'm sure she's technologically connected. How long is mail from Beirut? Well, that is the million dollar question. I just hope it gets to you...I don't care how long it takes. My Christmas cards made it out to everyone (except the London crowd) so I know it IS Possible.

    GJ, Lifelong learning is the way to go. It feels really good to be back at school. My whole connection to friends/family would be shot without the internet!

    Laurie, thanks for that offer! Resources are pretty good here but there may be some specialty items I would like! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home