Tigermama talks

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Still Here

We've had a busy and rough couple of months with lots of sickness running through the household. I'm pretty sure it's all over now although Tigerpapa was feeling rough last night and almost took the day off of work today.

Spring is definitely here with temperatures reaching 26 degrees this past weekend. It's a much more reasonable 21 degrees today. :)

Tigergirl is doing great at school and still getting advanced math homework. She only did 2 months of first grade in Japan but it was enough to put her way ahead of the rest of her class here. I appreciate that they try to keep her challenged.

Tigerboy is finally starting to read some words and has a real interest in building three dimensional objects with his blocks or pieces of origami paper (buildings, spaceships, airplanes, etc.). He's also started Tae Kwan Do which he loves because he thinks it will help him to become a ninja turtle. I will have to get a picture of him in his very cool uniform.

Spring break is from April 10th to the 20th. We are thinking about taking a trip somewhere like Paris but will have to see about Tigerpapa's time off. Of course, we would much rather have someone come here to visit us during that time so, if you are free, please book your flight now so that I can plan a fabulous itinerary for you! There are many vineyards to tour.

I'm very close to booking our flights home for the summer. We will leave Beirut at the beginning of June and come back at the beginning of September, a lovely long holiday! I can hardly wait.

That's it for now.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lulu said…

    Sorry to hear you have all been sick of late- I hope everyone is on the improve now and that tigerpapa actually takes time off if he needs it instead of been a stubborn Japanese salaryman! hehe- we all have one of them!

    I would love to visit Beirut but sadly I can`t this April- maybe another time perhaps. I would love to see it & meet you of course.

    Wow, that is a long summer break- you are so lucky! I am sure the kids will have a fantastic time!

    That is great news about tigergirl & tigerboys progress at school! You must be so proud!!!

    Hope you are doing well too.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woo Hoo! I bet you can not wait, speaking of Paris, I was just about to post about Normandie = )

    Hope you come back to Japan soon!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger shinshu life said…

    Glad you're almost over the sickness thing and great to hear from you- I worry when people don't post as often as they usually do. :)

    Very exciting April planned around here- redoing all the umpteen fusuma doors and building an outdoor oven. Just might accidentally buy plane tickets to Lebanon... ;P

    That's such an amazing summer break. Do you have any plans for your time home or just chilling out with friends and family?

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger illahee said…

    i've been missing you!! hope everyone is on the mend and no more sick days for you guys!

    ah, spring break....

    and i hope you have a wonderful trip home this summer!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger jan in nagasaki said…

    the chances of me coming to beirut are slim my friend, slim.

    the irony is that i do not like travelling...

    anyhoo, see you this summer!!!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    I've been missing your posts too!!! I think Paris sounds like fun, you guys are going to have a wonderful time!!!! : )

    And right on for going home the whole summer, that's gonna be awesome!!! : )

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Lulu, thank you. Dh is fine now. He rarely gets sick and so he doesn't quite know what to do when he does. Our summer break actually starts on June 19th but I am taking the kids out of school early so we have lots of time to spend with my family this year. :) We'll be here for another 2.5 years so you have lots of time to come see us!

    Girl Japan, we are so excited to see Paris. I really hope it works out. Tigergirl keeps asking to learn French. I'm going to show her your Normandie pictures.

    Fukases, an outdoor oven sounds very interesting. What will you use it for? We have no plans for the summer except to go camping and hang out with my family. I may take a quick trip to Calgary by myself to see some highschool friends of mine.

    Illahee, thank you so much. We are really looking forward to our trip home.

    Jan, it's okay that you don't come to Beirut. I know we'll get together this summer!

    Gina, thanks. Have you ever been to Paris? I am really surprised at how excited my kids are to go there. They keep talking about the Eiffel Tower. LOL.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Hi Tigermama, nope I've never been to Paris or Europe at all. : ( Now that the kids are at an easier age, hubby and I are starting to think about hitting Europe maybe in a year or two though, we'd also like to travel in Asia a bit more too. So there's hope! Ha ha ha. : )

    I'd love to see the Louvre museum with my own eyes or the Eiffel tower with my own eyes too. : (
    You guys are gonna have a blast!!! : )

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you're is Paris go check out the "Arc de Triomphe", climb the spiral stairs to the top and enjoy the view!!
    sooooo cool

     

Post a Comment

<< Home