Tigermama talks

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Party and Lots of Obentos

I`ve been so busy. Not the running-around-with-too-much-to-do kind of busy but the lots-of-fun-stuff-to-do kind. Tigergirl was invited to her friend`s birthday party a couple of weeks ago and had a fabulous time. The party was a "Girls Day" party and took place at the nail salon where I had gotten my pedicure just a week before. This salon has a special deal for children that includes a foot bath and nail art. I think it was a great idea for a party.




Can you guess which foot is Tigergirls? I won`t post a picture of the other girls (including the birthday girl) as I don`t want to invade their privacy but I thought the foot shot would be okay!

The host brought beautiful "Princess" gift bags for the girls to take home and they ate cake at a table overlooking the sea:



Fun fun fun!

I`ve forgotten to post the kid`s obentos lately so I`m going to catch up today. Here are the last four I`ve made:









I think it`s pretty obvious what everything is but if you have a question about anything, just ask in the comments and I`ll set you straight. My "dips" are usually a goma dressing (sesame) or a mix of mayonaise and crushed sesames.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    What a fantatstic party!!!And all this pedicure talk...had a dream about getting one last night;-) and love those bentos!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger coarse gold girl said…

    What a fantastic birthday party! Was the birthday girl Japanese? I've never heard of anything more than a cake for birthdays here! What a great idea--a "girls day"!
    Which foot is tigergirl's?

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My guess is Kiana's foot is the one on the far left, painted with the pinks.
    Once again a big thank you for the great blog :)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Kristin, Did you know it was her foot because of the pink or because of the darker colour?

    CGG, Yay you commented! :) This party was for an American friend`s daughter. She is the only AF I have met here on Okinawa (that isn`t a foreign wife too) and I`m so lucky that I did. Our daughters get along extremely well and I get to learn about the American Military life (interesting subculture) as well as enjoy her company.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    That would be the darker colour OF HER SKIN.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home