Tigermama talks

Friday, February 02, 2007

A Little Piece of Heavan....

Right here on Okinawa Island! Yesterday one of my friends arranged for a group of us to have a pedicure at a fabulous local spa. It was my first pedicure ever and I don`t know how I`ve lived this long without such bliss. It was FANTASTIC! This particular place doesn`t just paint your nails...no no no, it`s a leg massage, foot massage, foot soak, one hour long experience. Come and visit me and I will take you there.



Today`s obento was easy-peasy. I used frozen blueberries, furikake on the rice, and made the eggs (tamagoyaki) with my new "tamagoyaki" fry pan. Woohoo.



Last week I made crepes for the famdamily. They were soooo good and fun for the kids. Unfortunately, I was late in grabbing the camera and so the ingredients were seriously depleted by the time I snapped this shot:



I`m off to pack for our weekend up north. We are going to go to an orchid festival and possibly go swimming at an indoor pool. We thought we found a good place for swimming but when Tigerpapa clicked on the "rules" button on their website we quickly realized that it may not be the place for us. One of the MANY rules stated that the kids had to have yellow bathing caps THAT MATCHED WITH THEIR PARENTS.....time to look elsewhere. Wish us luck!

What are you doing this weekend?

10 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    watching the Superbowl!!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Midori said…

    ii naaa!!! I love all kinds of beauty treatments! I have been thinking of treating myself to a facial for a while now but never seem to get around to it!!!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Gorgeous nails, and you know what Tigermama? I have never had a pedicure either! Manicure yes, just once. But pedi? Never, I really wish to have one too! I do mine myself. But your toes look wonderful! I bet the whole thing was totally relaxing! And the crepes look so yummy! Next time you make them, give me a ring will ya? Ha ha ha! j/k! : )

    My weekend plans? Will be just staying home this weekend. But I think we're flying off sometime this coming week to get some R&R for 2 nights or something.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sitting at home reading blogs.

    working on the pink triangular scarf.

    working on the fingerless gloves.

    starting a doggie vest.

    have a nice weekend. sigh.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    Totally jealous of the pedicure! I love getting my toes done, and I do it at home all the time. I haven't found anywhere here to do it though (except a great place in Tokyo). I'd really like to get one done now, since I can't really reach my toes to buff or polish and I know they are all sad and raggedy.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    PS. What's the white veggie between the tomato and mame?

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    You have to get your dh to do your toes! :)

    Oh, and that`s not a veggie, it`s a piece of cheese. They fortify it with iron and call it "healthy cheese". I like them because they are so small and cute.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    The pedicure looks and sounds lovely!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    Cheese! Why didn't I think of that. Now it looks like cheese. Yesterday I was totally thinking boiled daikon or something. Cheese would be yummier!

    I'm not letting my husband anywhere near my toes. Maybe when they were better but now he just screams when he sees them!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahahahahahahaha!!
    Matching Yellow bathing caps..........hahahahahahahahah!! That's so funny.

    Enjoy your trip to the Orchid Festival (I am so jealous)!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home