Tigermama talks

Saturday, January 13, 2007

I love these

A meme I found somewhere on the internet:

1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag two people to do the same

1.) I almost cheated and went looking for something that would make me look smarter or more sophisticated. Then I realized that, although I am relativley smart, I`m not very sophisticated so why would I want to misrepresent myself. Ha! Good thing I finished that book about "detective cats" (really...the cats were detectives) last month! ANYHOO, the book closest to me is called, "Special Forces, War on Terrorism in Afghanistan". WAIT! That`s Tigerpapa`s book. I don`t think it counts so I will continue the search.* Hold on. Here it is; "But Not the Hippopotamus"...WAIT! That`s Tigergirl`s book. Hmm....more hunting. Okay, I found my book.

3.) "Mr. Briscoe, adrift, had expected to die. But he did not die. He did not freeze to death and he was not bashed into particles of fish food and shredded survival suit on the jagged rocks of the mainland.**

4.) The book is, "Lighthouse" by William Monahan.

5.) I will tag Gina and Lily!

*The fact that I had to go searching is a bit disconserting as I`ve always thought of myself as an avid reader. Will have to get back to reading methinks!

**Aren`t you really curious as to what happened to Mr. Briscoe?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, the closest book is a dictionary, so the sentences you get are: "captain\kaptan\n1:a commander of a body of troops 2: a commisioned officer in the army, airforce, or marine corps, ranking next below a major... 5: a leader of a side or team"
    you're the closest to a blog I have for now :)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Page 123, 4th sentence,K, got it.....

    1.)Eyak River Trail, a 2 mile(3km) hike, which includes a long boardwalk over muskeg.The variety of birdlife found here makes it a favorite walking trail of birders. About 7 miles (11km) north along a side road from mile 13.7, a short walk leads onto the terminal moraine of Sheridan Glacier, with fine views of its blue ice.

    2.) Eyewitness Travel - Alaska

    3.)Tag!!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    Thanks for tagging me- I will try it right now!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    I'm on it!!! Will do it right now! Thanks for the tag! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home