Tigermama talks

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Lunch Excursion

Forget Fuji! You guys are going to get to come along with me on my lunch excursion (a request from sister K). Doesn`t that sound fun?!

Here`s our elevator. I am about to get inside:



Phew, no earthquakes so I`m NOT stuck in the elevator. Here is the foyer of our building in which resides this lovely "name plaque". I`ll give a prize to whomever can find our name on the list (none of you proficient in kanji are allowed to play!):



This is my lovely Scottish friend and lunch-excursion-co-star:



Here we go down the hill and onto the road....WEEEEEEE:



I tried to capture the view from the top of this hill but was a little late taking the picture. Off in the distance are the Kerama Islands and, if you look closely, you can see 2 airplanes. One is on its way to land at the airport and the other one is flying up above it:



Here`s where things get interesting. I had to watch for the oncoming traffic whilst my partner in crime quickly accelerated to pass the farmer. I TOLD you I lived in the boonies:



This is one of the kids favourite parks. They beg to stop and play here EVERY SINGLE TIME we drive past. My friend only had to say "no" to me once before I gave up asking:



We arrive at our destination. And NO it is not a brothel. That is a picture for the spa that operates on the second floor. We are going to the Thai restaurant down below:



YUM:



YUMMIER:



YUMMIEST:



Then my camera battery died so I can`t show you the awesome interior of the restaurant nor the bill that was only 1350 yen each!

It was a fabulous afternoon and not just because the food was so good. The best part of the excursion was the company. Thanks Y!

Edited to add: There are in fact TWO pieces of cheesecake on my plate but if you knew how teeny tiny they were you would understand that it was necessary....and also necessary to eat my friend`s remaining cheesecake 10 minutes later.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    What a great idea for a post and lovely to see a bit of your surrondings.And you think you live in the boonies with a Thai resturant nearby...ha??!!;-) I tried to squint at the kanji on your appartment building,but have discovered that I need glasses!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Well, I live in the boonies but they are boonies within a relatively close proximity to a large city and all of the comforts it brings......like Starbucks and Thai restaurants. :)

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you sooooo much, I love to see your experience!!!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    I wanna go to that spa and have Thai food. Sooo jealous.

    I really love your friend's steering wheel.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    That restaurant looks so yummy, I love Thai food! : )

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    That restaurant is fabulous. If any of you ever get your butts down here, I`ll take you there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home