Tigermama talks

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Obento woe

Sometimes you have a day where you wake up and realize that today is an "obento day" and you are NOT READY! Meaning, you do not have the requisite 4 colours of food or a good protein source and there`s no fresh rice, just old stuff leftover from the day before. What do you do? You improvise of course and hope that the children don`t show their teacher your sad little obento:



And then there`s the days where you wake up ready for the "obento day" and realize that your FH (Flippin` Husband) had to eat the 5 green beans in the tiny little tupperware container that you had set aside for the next days obento as well as use the last 2 eggs needed for the tamagoyaki for his MIDNIGHT SNACK!

Thankfully these two incidents happened in different weeks and I was saved from 2 bad bentos in a row. Phew. Today`s obento was pretty good but it`s missing one thing. Does anyone know what that one thing is?

7 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger illahee said…

    you seem to be missing a color. that's my guess.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    something old, something new, something borrowed...

    SOMETHING BLUE!!!! there`s no blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    I think you make beautiful obento's. And how funny about your DH snackin' on the kids obento stuff! Naughty Tigerpapa! Ha ha ha! : )

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Trisha said…

    I am gonna go with red- a little cherry tomato perhaps?

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Ding ding ding! Trisha is the winner. Now I need your address so I can send you your prize.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Christie D. said…

    akadayo, aka. But I see someone has already guessed it. I almost never bother with the red. Can't afford strawberries usually, and my younger son hates tomatoes. I won't put them in just for the color, though I did consider it a couple of times!!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Hi Christie d.
    I wouldn`t want tomatoes myself but both my kids LOVE them and it`s about the easiest (and cheapest) "red" you can find out there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home