Tigermama talks

Thursday, February 15, 2007

V-Day

Tigerpapa surprised me this year by suggesting that we go out for dinner to celebrate Valentine`s Day. In Japan Valentine`s Day is for women to give chocolate to men and so 
this suggestion was met with surprise and delight! I even got to pick the 
place. I wanted to try somewhere new and thought Thai would be nice so 
Tigerpapa did a quick search online and found a place relatively close
to our apartment (big surprise as we live in the sticks!). It was AMAZING! Probably the best Thai food I`ve ever had 
outside of Thailand. The woman who runs the restaurant (with her Japanese 
husband) is Thai so no wonder but usually the flavours are toned down a bit
in Japan. Not here! Yum. Unfortunately the only picture I took was taken
far too late: 







After dinner, we returned home to eat the cake that me and the kids had made during the day. We started out making cupcakes but, since I can only cook 6 cupcakes at a time in my teeny tiny oven, I used the rest of the batter to make a cake. Everything turned out really well and Tigerpapa would have been really surprised if Tigerboy hadn`t spilled the beans at dinner. Darn those underdeveloped 3-year-old brains that just can`t keep a secret!





I also got Tigerpapa some yummy chocolate bars...just to keep with tradition in Japan.



All in all, it was a fabulous Valentine`s Day!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    Empty plates are an excellent sign of good food!

    Cakes, cupcakes, and Godiva chocolate? Mmmmm. Your husband is soooo lucky!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Lily said…

    Ahhh, I love reading all these valentines day blogs a day later. It is so warming to see that pretty much all the womens blogs I read are in fantastic relationship.
    The Thai found sounds great!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Midori said…

    That cake is amazing!!! I agree that your husband definitely got spoilt this year but as you go Thai food, it is all good!! :-)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I`m thinking that tigermama really has her shit together. because her husband wants to take her out to a nice place. and because she makes cool cake with her kids and because she wants to get her husband fabulous chocolate (which I think she might sneak into later?????). sounds like a lucky bunch of tigers, to me.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    I was just going to post and tell you I can't wait to meet up in Aobadai as it has been settled, when I reread my horrendous comment. I forgot the "s" in relationships and instead of writing "food", I wrote "found". Nope, not drunk (although could do with that recently) just scatter brained. Sorry about that.
    PS
    Went to the starbucks there and not so wonderful, I will check out the other one that is in walking distance and report back to you. Another lovely MIJ woman described the utopia of Starbucks to me which is supposedly a 10 min train ride from Aobadai- with get this- A CHILDRENS PLAY AREA! Can't get any better than that. Well, ok maybe eye-candy men giving us mommy massages as we sip our coffee and watch the children happily play.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    Jan- *lol* love your comment. It does indeed seem like she has her shit together.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    "Seems" would be the operative word in that last sentence Lily. I never post about the filthy kitchen, toast for dinner nights, or the tv "babysitting" that goes on around here. Oops...cats out of the bag!

    And Jan, OF COURSE the chocolate was really for me too! :)

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sheri said…

    It sure seems like you've got your shit together to me!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Steffi said…

    Your Valentines cake looks very good!I hope you had a nice day!

    Greetings,Steffi

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks Steffi! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home