Tigermama talks

Friday, September 07, 2007

Back home!

We`ve been home for a week and have gotten right back into the swing of things. The kids started swimming lessons, piano lessons (Tigergirl) and have been back in school since Monday. I started teaching on Tuesday.

A new shopping centre opened up in my little town but, unfortunately, there is no starbucks. I can`t believe it! I have a new cell phone that I love more than I should. What else? Tigerpapa is gone to Tokyo already. We all miss him.

I have some more pictures from out summer to share:



The next one my very talented niece took. Isn`t it awesome? She won first prize in a photo contest with it!





That last one is of "Bronze Lady". She stands like a statue until someone puts money in her pot. Then she moves around. It`s simple yet fascinating and the kids loved it. In fact, they loved all the buskers and Tigergirl got involved more than once!

Belly dancing:



Fire Juggling Dude:



Scottish bagpipes:



Polka Playing Dude:



Reggae Dude:



I`m sure there will be more pictures soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!!!!!

    welcome back!!! I missed you.

    I am looking forward to more tales of your trip.

    Love Jan

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Trisha said…

    Welcome back! I am in the market for a new cell phone. What kind did you get and why do you love it more than you should? Details, please.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    I loved all the pics. My favorite has to be of the kids buried in the sand from the neck down. They looked like they were having a total blast! : )

    PS about the bronze lady. They have those metallic people in Honolulu. They have the tin man. There was an original tin man, who was first,and now there's 2 different tin men. There's also a bronze guy and gold guy too now. LOL. I take pics of them everytime I am in Hawaii. They are really neat. Question....wonder what kinda paint they use. And if it's hard to wash off. Hmmm. LOL.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks guys!

    Trisha, I just put up a post all about my new ketai...just for you!

    Gina, I liked the Bronze woman but my absolute favourite is "Plaster Man". He is all white (even his glasses) and really doesn`t move. Bronze woman kept moving her eyes around so it didn`t look as real.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home