Tigermama talks

Monday, April 07, 2008

Look who`s in Grade one!

I`m so behind on blogging! I have all kinds of things to write about but can`t seem to get on top of it. We had a fabulous month at my parent`s place and have just started to get into the groove of life back here in Yokohama. It`s not for long though....soon we will be moving again.

In the meantime, Tigergirl started First grade. Here she is at her desk:


And with me at the entrance to her school:


This past weekend we went hiking in Shizuoka Prefecture (west of Tokyo). It was incredibly beautiful. If I hadn`t been so tired, I would have taken more pictures. The only reason I made it through the first day`s hike was by remembering that my 4-year-old was ahead of me! :) Seriously, it was over 10 km and steep and took us over 5 hours! I was really proud of both of the kids (and myself too) to complete such a hike. We hope to do lots more over the next couple of months as spring time is the best time for hiking in Japan.

On Saturday we went for a shorter (and easier) hike along the coastline of Jyogasaki. It was really beautiful as well and I was able to take lots of pictures:




Oh and we got back from Washington just in time to see the cherry blossoms! Here`s a picture near the cottage we stayed at on the weekend. The town of Jyogasaki is gorgeous. It would be the perfect place to have a cabin (if you live in Tokyo/Yokohama):

9 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    OMG OMG,TG is a first grader?She looks so poised sitting at her desk and what a gorgeous smile:-)Love the pic you both.You look great BTW!

    And TB is growing up fast as well,too! Sweet pic of the 2 of them.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Sarah@mommyinjapan said…

    Congratulations to Tigergirl! And to you for making it through the ceremony and all of the prep that comes before.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger coarse gold girl said…

    TigerGirl looks great! First grade--oh the fun, the plants, the kanji and allllll those memos home for mum! Our school had those delightful tennis balls on the feet of the chairs too! Of course it took me ages to figure out why they had tennis balls on the feet of the chairs!
    Congratulations Tigergirl! ichinensei!

    Laura

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    Congratulations to Tigergirl and to you too Tigermama, for making it through all the labels and preparation! Tigergirl was such a little beauty in her pink outfit! And you looked as gorgeous and as fab as ever Tigermama!!! Right on Tiger family. We're up on Wednesday, lol! : )

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Lulu said…

    What a cutie!!! And your are looking lovely too!

    How is she finding it so far? I am not sure how I will go when I have kids and they get old enough to go to school!!!

    All the best!!!

    I love that they have to wear uwabaki still with their pretty little outfits!

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you, darling...look absolutely fabulous. I mean it. You look good.

    congratulations!!!!!!!

    and your kids are still cute!!!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Sheri said…

    Glad to see you back and you all look sooo good.;)
    Where in Shizuoka were you?!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    Congrats! Grade 1 is a big step- I bet Tigergirl is gonna love it!

    You look fab. I love the haircut. I bet everyone is going to wear the same style for the next school ceremony. ;)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies! :) I have a big smile on my face. I debated about posting that picture of myself!

    Sheri, we were on the Izu Peninsula, south of Atami on the Jogasaki coastline. It was fabulous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home