Tigermama talks

Friday, November 09, 2007

Baby Shower!

I have a new friend here on The Island. She`s British and just moved back to Okinawa to have her baby. A couple of weeks ago we organized a surprise baby shower for her and it was so much fun. I know that a baby shower isn`t so exciting for a lot of you out there but when you live in a culture that doesn`t celebrate the same things that you do, it`s nice to have a chance to do things your way once in awhile. The best part of the whole day was the food....oops no, I mean the best part of the day was spending time with the incredible ladies I have met here and grown to love. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, it`s going to suck when I leave next month! :(

Here are a few pictures from the day:









P.S. My friend gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday morning!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    The food looked so yummy! And all you ladies looked beautiful! I bet you all had a wonderful time. And heck, I think a baby shower sounds really cool, sweet of you and your friends to have had one for her! Oh man, Tigermama, will you miss Okinawa or what. Sounds like you met a bunch of wonderful ladies/friends while living there! : )

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Trisha said…

    Couldn't ask for a better combonatin- good food and good friends. Looks like a lot of fun!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    holy shit. you guys are dressing like it is still warm there!!!

    we went camping yesterday and 3 kids swam, in the ocean....not me...did a few weeks ago..but I think I am done for the season. tonight we have the heater on ...first time... I think having a baby shower is a super dee duper cool thing... I was given one and was totally thrilled with the whole event.

    wish I could have visited you in Okinawa before you move on... you are truly the hostess with the mostess...

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Gina, I am going to miss Okinawa but only because of the people I`ve met here. I don`t really like living here. It`s a concrete jungle and way too hot (for me!). I do like the beaches up north and the mild winters though. :)

    Jan, yep it`s still pretty warm. Just turned off the air-con last week.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger flapjacs said…

    Where are the muffins my friend?????

    Kidding, it all looks delicious.

    Wow, we're about to get out the heaters here.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger marianne said…

    Jeesh...something about Okinawa that says very beautiful ladies and beautiful weather.And bloody good food.Damn.In the wrong place here;-)

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger illahee said…

    hey! i've just tagged you for a meme. how's life in kanagawa??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home