Tigermama talks

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Show Kids

We have had so much going on over the past two weeks that I have TOO much material for blogging. I haven`t yet posted about the undokai and I will but first I had to write about today`s experience. A new shopping centre opened up here in my little town a few months ago and in a brilliant PR move they decided to invite 20 (or so) of the local yochiens to come and perform today. It was very interesting. I only had enough camera space to capture 2 of the more, shall we say, risque acts. The clip below consists of two different acts. The first is of 5-year-old girls prancing around in little hot pink halter tops with pom poms and the second is of the boys. I don`t even know what you would call the second little number. The outfits were unbelievable. Sort of like little Village People, no?! And check out the makeup! I will say this, they performed very well and danced their little hearts out:



I`m so glad our yochien stuck to a basic song with actions and no weirdo costumes!



Sorry about my unsteady hands. If you get motion sick easily, you might want to skip this video. Also, it`s unfortunate that Tigergirl and Tigerboy are on opposite ends of the stage. They are easy to find, however, because they are the only ones without their hat. Once again, I missed a memo.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    LOL about the "weirdo costume" thing you said. I agree with ya Tigermama, I sorta thought they looked like the costumes they wore on the show, Solid Gold. The Solid Gold Dancers, no doubt. I could also see why you mentioned the Village People as well.: ) And the pink leg warmers were a little, Olivia Newton John video..."let's get physical"

    Your school in the second video did a nice normal presentation, I thought. About the hats, didn't any of the senseis bring any extra hats for emergency? Like someone forgetting a hat, which is quite normal btw. Oh well, even though your kids were the only 2 without hats, they still were the cutest out of the bunch! : )

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Perogyo said…

    That is kind of creepy- but your kids were great!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Vicky said…

    FINALLY, I am commenting on your blog - thanks for coming to mine too!

    Your kids looked great, and yes, I understand about hatless. After two kids I simply don't care any more about such things!

    Our yochien did the standard song things but also there were a number of really raunchy songs for little girls in shiny leotards and leggings that got my eyebrows twitching a bit. What also really annoyed my five year old ghost is that those routines only had girls with long hair in them (and the kimono dances). The girls with short scrappy hair (me, at five!) got stuffed into the unisex boring routines with no nice costumes. Poor kids - "look-ism" before they even start school, they know where they are in the pecking order....

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Tigermama said…

    Gina, I used to LOVE Solid Gold! I wanted to be one of those dancers when I grew up!

    Vicky, thanks for stopping by and I know what you mean about the "pecking order"...it`s sad to see!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home